Monday, October 28, 2019

Happy 4th Birthday, Silas Eben



Dear Silas,


Birthdays make you so incredibly excited and waiting for yours is sometimes so hard! But your enthusiasm is contagious and I think everyone rejoices with you when October the 28th rolls around.

This year, life in Chile was turned on its head the month of your birthday but fortunately you were blissfully unaware. It was a bright spot in an otherwise uncertain month to have your special friends with us to celebrate another year of your life.

All of your missionary "aunts" and "uncles" and "cousins" joined us for cake and balloons and presents and your big brothers even played for you as we sang "Happy Birthday!"

You are such a loved little boy, Silas. And you are a loving boy, too, often going around the whole house telling each family member: "I love you, Mommy! I love you, Daddy! I love you, Eva! I love you, Sissy! I love you, Owen! I love you, Ian! I love you, Alec!"


You yearn to be grown up like your siblings and not long ago you were frequently heard talking about when you would be "sixteen." When I asked you what was so special about that age, you replied: "When I am sixteen, I will be happy!" You have a great sense of imagination and apparently can envision yourself very clearly as a near grown up. Recently we parked next to a cute antique yellow car and you informed all of us that it was your car. You were quite convinced of the fact!

Yet when I ask you if you'd like to be a big brother someday, you almost always answer: "No. I want to be the baby!" In other words, the center of attention suits you quite well. We have verified this lately with your insistence of speaking up in church during testimony time or in one of our frequent ice breakers at the Sunday evening church plant.



Silas, we are so glad God decided that our family needed you and that He sent you to bring joy and laughter to all of us. I am finally finishing this birthday post four months after your actual celebration, and this week you said something so precious to Daddy and me. "I want to look at Heaven. I want to look at God. I want to run to God!" It makes us beyond joyful and thankful that your heart is tender to spiritual things. This past week in Sunday School, you drew a picture of a person to represent Romans 10:15b ("How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!") You colored one ear black and one ear yellow. When I asked what that meant, you said that the black ear is because everyone has sin and the yellow ear is because we need to listen to God! Your teacher said that you came up with that all on your own.

Our greatest prayer is for you to know Jesus as your Savior and to passionately love and follow Him throughout your entire life. Happy 4th birthday, Silas Eben Garcia! We love you so much.

Love,
Mommy
__________________________________

Birthday Posts by Year:

Silas' 3rd Birthday Post
Silas' 2nd Birthday Post
Silas' 1st Birthday Post

No comments: