Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 7, 2017 (Eva's Sweet 16)

Dearest Eva,
As your 16th birthday approached, it carried with it the weight and wonder of how the years have flown by since you were our tender, squeezable toddler girl and our kind, inquisitive little girl and now you are our deep thinking, always dreaming teenage girl whom we love very much. I am honored that you entrust me with so many of your words, thoughts, hopes and fears. I hope that no matter how old you grow or how far apart we may someday be, you will always know the love and concern and dreams of our own that Daddy and I have for you. Our greatest dream is that you will fall in love with Jesus, in other words that He will be your Champion, your Confidence, your Confidante, the Fulfiller and the Fulfillment of your deepest desires.
It has been a joy to watch you discover hidden talents this past year or so, especially that of writing. You have a special voice that transmits through the written word and I look forward to how God will speak through you as you learn to hear from His Word and apply it to the situations of your own life and that of the characters you create.
It has also been a wonderful blessing to observe your personal study of the Bible and a growing sensitivity to applying what you’ve learned to your relationships with others. I know it is always hardest to do so in our own family with whom we rub shoulders day by day, but I see in you an increasing willingness to accept responsibility and seek reconciliation and I pray to that end for your heart and sibling relationships.
       Recently I read this quote and it resonated with me as a mother: “To my children … if I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I would use my last breath to tell you … I love you.” I have made so many mistakes as a mom in your 16 years, and I know I will still make more. But I hope you will always know how much I love you. Happy 16th Birthday, Eva Grace!
All my love, Mommy


___________________
Birthday Posts by Year:

15th Birthday - Eva
14th Birthday - Eva
13th Birthday - Eva
12th Birthday - Eva
11th Birthday - Eva

No comments: