Saturday, February 07, 2009

Our Birthday Girl!


Today our beautiful Eva is eight years old. I can hardly believe it! Eight wonderful, exciting years with our oldest daughter - the first answer to our prayers for a child. This morning we were snuggling on the couch and talking about how she entered our lives eight years ago. I told Eva that I imagine on this day that her birthmother is thinking about her as well. She asked me if I had ever met her birthmother and I told her again that I had not, but shared what information I know. I asked her if she ever thinks about that and she said no; but I reminded her that anytime she does and wants to talk about it with Mommy, that is okay!

I am so thankful for our special oldest girl with all of her uniqueness and potential. She is funny, artistic, energetic, loving, creative and smart. Besides, how could you not adore the child who tells you that there's no need to read those parenting books on how to be a better mom because, "You're already a great mom!"

Happy Birthday, Eva ... I love you! :)
More birthday posts:

7 comments:

Patti said...

Stephanie, Such a sweet post! Happy 8th Birthday to Beautiful Eva! :o) Pep

Terri Fisher said...

Happy Birthday, Eva! We weren't sure where to send a birthday card this year, so this will have to do for now. We love you and are so proud of you! Enjoy your stay in Santiago!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Eva!!
Wow can you believe that she is 8 years old. She is so cute with her wig on.
Love you guys,
The Bechtel family

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Eva!!! I remember your parents getting the call about you and how cute you were sound a sleep in the pack n play the first time I saw you, I can't believe how big and grown up you are now. You are a beautiful young lady.

Anonymous said...

PopPop and I were glad we could talk to you on your birthday, Eva. We hope that your party goes well tomorrow. I have your 8th Precious Moment here and will get it to you when I can. We love you.
Mommom and Poppop

Anonymous said...

such a wonderfully sweet girl!!!!

keri

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. She is Beautiful in every way. What a sweetheart.