Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Precious Prayers

 "I want to pray like what you prayed, Mommy!"

Silas and I were snuggled in his bottom bunk after bathtime and bedtime reading of The Jesus Storybook Bible. Tonight's story was that of the apostle John on the island of Patmos when he is given the vision of Jesus in Heaven.

"Dear Father, Please take away the Covid from Iquique ... and the United States ... and the other places. Please forgive my sins and save me ..."

My heart thrilled at his tender words. I had prayed for all of our children, but he made his prayer personal. Though I know only time will tell his true understanding at the tender age of five, I also know (as I told him afterwards) that God loved Silas' prayer tonight, and God loves him so much.

"Mommy, when we go to Heaven will we see your baby that was in your tummy?"

And so our conversation continued remembering those who are waiting for us along with Jesus - grandparents, a sibling and several cousins, the child of friends and so many more.

"And Tia?? Tia --" He searched for the name of his dear Tia Isabel who went Home to Jesus last year.

Yes. Tia Isabel, too, and "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord." (Romans 10:13)

Thank You, Jesus, for precious prayers!

No comments: