Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy 40th Birthday to My Husband

there's no one with whom I'd rather head "over the hill"

Monday, April 9th was my husband's 40th birthday. I never imagined that we would be apart on this special day, yet I can say with confidence that God had us just where He wanted us. His birthday found Pedro en route to a pastors' conference after being lovingly celebrated by his parents and along with our sons (two of the three having birthdays the same week as Daddy!) Arriving at the home of supporting church pastor and seminary buddy Jim Barnes - with whom he attended the conference - he was celebrated once again by these dear friends. (Thank you, Jim & Char!)

In recent weeks, my husband has been called upon to drive hundreds of miles; care for all the needs of our three little boys; speak at churches and homeschool events; and balance the preparations, phone calls and travel of furlough without a wife at his side. Pedro has willingly done this because of his love for my grandmother and for me. Even when doing so required waking, bathing, dressing and delivering our three sons to a friends' doorstep at 7:30 AM on a Sunday morning in order to make it to a church an hours' drive away ... even when he had the uncomfortable responsibility of informing churches which had scheduled our visit a year in advance, that half of the family would not be coming with him.

I am so thankful for my husband's love, compassion and generosity. Fifteen years ago when I married my 25-year old sweetheart, we had no idea where life would take us together. Now at this milestone I can truly say, there's no one else with whom I'd rather head "over the hill" - tumbles and all!

Pedro, may God allow us to share 40 more just-as-exciting years together. I love you, today and always!

No comments: