Sunday, April 11, 2010

Seeing Is Believing

Long-time blog readers (I chuckle as I write this because it presumes there are so many) may remember our ongoing struggles with obtaining all the correct Chilean paperwork for our residency here - particularly the problems we have had with the suffix on Pedro's legal birth name.

My last post on the subject was written December 31 after we submitted a letter to the governor of Iquique requesting a modification to Pedro's permanent residency card at the bequest of the Civil Registry department (who refused to issue a new identity card without the change.) As I mentioned then, we were told the change would be made in 90 days but I said "seeing" would be "believing."

Unfortunately - 101 days later - we just received a formal letter from Santiago today. It requests that Pedro obtain a criminal clearance and send it along with his original permanent residency card back to the capital so they can "begin to process" (and I do quote) this request.

Ugh. Need I say more??

No comments: