1. What is something mom always says to you?
ISABEL: I love you.
EVA: Um, I love you.
2. What makes mom happy?
ISABEL: When I give you a big hug.
EVA: Um, When I hug you and when I snuggle with you. A snuggle bug!”
3. What makes mom sad?
ISABEL: When I’m disobedient?
EVA: I just don’t know what makes you sad, Mom.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
ISABEL: When you do silly stuff.
EVA: Doing funny things. Like, I don’t know, but you just do funny things. Like when you do those funny dances. They’re funny!
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?
ISABEL: I don’t know.
EVA: I don’t know. Play with your Barbies.
6. How old is your mom?
ISABEL: Thirty-three (She asks me this all the time!)
EVA: Oh, how old is Daddy? (He is going to be 37.) So he’s 36 … so let’s think. So you’re 34, right?
7. How tall is your mom?
ISABEL: Uh, I don’t know.
EVA: Oh, 35 talls.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
ISABEL: I don’t know.
EVA: Oh, I don’t know. Boring stuff.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
ISABEL: Do work??
EVA: Um, wash dishes. Clean up the house.
10. What is your mom really good at?
ISABEL: Taking care of us. (Aww …)
EVA: Oh … working on the computer.
12. What does your mom do for her job?
ISABEL: Help us with stuff?
EVA: Oh, you … work around the house.
13. What is your mom's favorite food?
ISABEL: I think it’s spaghetti.
EVA: Spaghetti. (Why do they all think my favorite food is spaghetti? My favorite food, for the record, is pastel de choclo!)
14. What makes you proud of your mom?
ISABEL: When you help me.
EVA: Because, like, um … Could you give me some answers?
15. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
ISABEL: Mr. Maker! (Not really a cartoon, but one of the kids’ favorite shows.)
EVA: Tom … I mean Jerry!
16. What do you and your mom do together?
ISABEL: We play together sometimes. Like what we’re playing right now. (We were playing restaurant, and Isabel was the waitress. She brought me many glasses of cold water, yum!)
EVA: Oh … We went to the mall together.
17. How are you and your mom the same?
ISABEL: We both like to write and stuff.
EVA: Oh, we have the skin, we have the same hair.
18. How are you and your mom different?
ISABEL: You have glasses and I don’t.
EVA: Oh, we’re not the same height and you wear glasses.
19. How do you know your mom loves you?
ISABEL: You tell me a lot. (Because I love you a lot!)
EVA: Oh, um … Because you be nice!
20. What does your mom like most about your dad?
ISABEL: You sleep with him. (I thought this survey was G-rated!)
EVA: Because you love him. He cooks most of the food.
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
ISABEL: Go to places with the family.
EVA: Oh, to the mall. (Does anyone see a recurring theme with this child?)
22. What is one thing you wish you could change about your mom?
EVA: Nothing! (And I didn’t even pay the two of them to say that!)
23. What would your mom do with a million dollars?
ISABEL: Buy food for your family?
EVA: Um, buy everything you want. (Like, at the mall??)
24. What do you wish you could go and do with your mom?
ISABEL: I want to go to visit Mati and Micah with you one of these days again.
EVA: Oh, to the mall and spend all my money! (Of course you do!)
25. What is one thing you hope never changes about your mom?
ISABEL: I don’t know what to say.
EVA: That you don’t get older. (Hmm, what should I say to this one?)