I borrowed this survey idea from Facebook and plan to ask all three kids separately. I started with Owen and he got me laughing so many times. Just thought I would share the smiles! :)
Kid Questions about Mom: OWEN
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Giggles. (No matter how many times I ask, this is his only response.)
2. What makes mom happy?
“Uh … GOD!”
3. What makes mom sad?
First answer: “Jesus”
Second answer: “Me”
Third answer: “Crying!”
(Bear in mind, I don’t think he really understood this question. Nonetheless, you have to laugh at the “Sunday School” answers that roll off his tongue. I had to explain how the first two definitely do not make me sad!)
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
“Like this … la la la la … HAHA!!” (with hands on his hips and head thrown back as he laughs loudly at the end!)
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?
6. How old is your mom?
“Four! Six! Five! Are you six??”
7. How tall is your mom?
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
10. What is your mom really good at?
“Running!” (Wow, this is news to me!) Later he said: “And soccer, too!”
12. What does your mom do for her job?
13. What is your mom's favorite food?
“Spaghetti, and bread, and food, and carrots.”
14. What makes you proud of your mom?
“Uh … (giggles) … Jesus.”
15. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
“Nothing … you would be an animal!”
16. What do you and your mom do together?
“Play with … I want to play jump rope!”
17. How are you and your mom the same?
“Color.” (Um, Pedro and I just looked at each other and giggled at this one!)
18. How are you and your mom different?
(He insists that there is nothing different about us and that nobody, nobody, nobody is different. I’m sure that someone would love to psychoanalyze his answers to these last two questions! But then again, that is what reading “I’m Chocolate, You’re Vanilla” is all about, right??)
19. How do you know your mom loves you?
“Uh, I don’t know. Because you love me!”
20. What does your mom like most about your dad?
“Um, comfy. Like a pillow guy!”
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
“Um, uh … Everywhere.”
22. What is one thing you wish you could change about your mom?
“No comprendo.” (With a big mischievous look in his eye … he loved getting a laugh out of this, so he tried it as his standard answer for the next three questions, too!))
23. What would your mom do with a million dollars?
“Steal it.” (When I vehemently denied this, he said, “No, you’re gonna LOSE it!)
24. What do you wish you could go and do with your mom?
“Go to the building. Which one? I won’t tell you!”
25. What is one thing you hope never changes about your mom?
“Go bye-bye. You never want Mommy to go bye-bye? Nope. You always want Mommy to stay here? Yup. (See why I love my little boy??)