Sunday, December 02, 2007

Please Pray

Whenever anyone asks Pedro and I how we met and married, we remember a certain special friend to both of us. His name is Pablo, and he and I grew up together in Chile. His family left to be missionaries in Mexico City just before I graduated from high school. Pedro met him in his senior year of college, and it was Pablo who encouraged Pedro to look me and my sister up with he moved to Pennsylvania for seminary. And the rest, as they say, is history!

Today we learned that Pablo’s one year old daughter died suddenly yesterday. Though it has been many years since we have seen him and we had yet to meet his wife and son and daughter, we are grieving with them.

Words are hard to find at a time like this. I ask simply that you would please pray for Pablo, his wife Sara and their 4-year old son as they face this tragic loss, that the Lord would give them His peace that passes understanding and the comfort of His Holy Spirit.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.” -1 Thessalonians 4:13,14

No comments: