Sunday, June 22, 2014

This Crazy, Lovely Life

It was nearly midnight when Pedro and I dropped into chairs in our living room and said, "Where did this day come from?!" And what a day it was. Pedro was up early to study. I slept in until he received a call asking him to accompany one of our deacons to Alto Hospicio. He was still gone when I left with the three boys shortly before 10:30 for their martial arts class. While they were in class, Pedro returned home to gather the girls and head to church for a 12:00 meeting with our youth leaders. The boys finished; we ran home for a change of clothes; then I joined the meeting. At 1:45, I slipped out with Eva and we made it to the house just in time for her 2:00 piano class. Pedro and the other kids arrived with (take-out) lunch in hand, which was quickly enjoyed before Isabel and Owen's 3:00 guitar lesson. Meanwhile Pedro returned to church for prep time, and at 4:45 the kids and I also drove over for a 5:00 English worship service. Upon its completion, Pedro headed home to drop off the kids with a babysitter while I waited with our pastoral colleagues for another couple to join us at church for a 7:00 counseling session. We finished at 10:30, I took our babysitter home, and as mentioned at the beginning of this post it was nearly midnight when Pedro and I dropped into chairs in our living room and took a breath of this crazy, lovely life He's given us.

No comments: