Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Helping Hand

The Swedish proverb says, "The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm." But, sometimes one's arm is not quite long enough! That is when friends - especially those in the family of God - reach out to bridge the gap and are such a blessing.


As we've been unpacking and reorganizing and setting up house, one obstacle stood in our way: the queen-sized boxspring of our bed that needed to reach our third-floor bedroom. Today three young men from church and our colleague Jon came over to help Pedro get this task completed. They were troopers, and we are thankful. To get the full effect of this challenge, enjoy watching the video below!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Stephanie, I met you recently in the airport in Atlanta. You helped keep me sane by inviting my son, Dante, to watch a video with your kids. I'm glad to have found your blog. Thank you so much for the kindness you showed me that day, it really meant a lot to me.
-Heather Houghton de Vega