Wednesday, November 09, 2011

National Adoption Month: The Ivey Story

In the past I have tried to make National Adoption Month a highlight on our blog, sharing some personal stories and helpful links during the month of November. While I can't promise to write many posts on the subject this month (thanks to packing, packing and more packing!) I can and will try to include some short videos of families who have brought their children home.

This first video is especially moving to me because it recalls the entire wave of emotions that we were riding in January 2010 following the Haiti earthquake as we helplessly waited and watched God miraculously bring our children home. The Ivey family also welcomed home a son, their second Haitian child, and this beautiful interview with Jamie shares that experience from her point of view.

I had the opportunity to briefly meet Jamie during my final visit to Haiti in October 2009. I also read her blog regularly and have appreciated her candor as she describes life after her son's homecoming, with all its joys and struggles. She has a wonderful perspective about how adoption has allowed her to see God's love towards us in a brand-new way. I hope you'll watch the video and share your thoughts!

The Ivey Story - Jamie Ivey from The Austin Stone on Vimeo.

No comments: