Saturday, February 06, 2010

My Little Buttercup Owen

I snapped this picture of Owen today as he was sitting on the edge of the pool, trying to decide whether to join his new brothers as they splashed and giggled happily in the water. He flashed me one of his million dollar smiles and my heart squeezed with joy at my precious sweet boy.

Of our three older children, I think Owen is facing the biggest transition with the arrival of his brothers from Haiti. He is going from being the youngest child - the "baby" of the family - and the only boy, to being the middle child of the family and the oldest of three boys. He has only shared the equivalent of one full day with his brothers so far and I know each day will bring improvement, but today I have observed him holding back a little bit from all that is happening around him. It's hard to tell for sure what he is thinking, though, because he is also really tired and not feeling very well.

I've made sure to share lots of snuggles and cuddles with him throughout the day. Owen and I have a special song called "my little buttercup" which I sing to him and he sings to me. On the day we said goodbye a little over two weeks ago when Pedro and I traveled to get his brothers, Owen kissed me and said, "I love you, my little buttercup!"

And I love you, my little buttercup Owen. :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Praying for all of your family...especially your Little Buttercup... :)

Corey and Nicki Shields said...

He is getting so big and is such a cutie. Praying for his continued adjustments. I think about Owen, as I think about how Tomo will adjust to being the middle child too.