Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Sweet Girl Isabel


My sweet girl Isabel is in Santiago this week with her Daddy, Eva, and Owen. Unfortunately, she has been sick with tummy aches, fever, and vomiting. I am so sad for her although at the same time thankful for my husband and for my sister Jennifer who have been taking very good care of her. They have been staying with Jenn and Mark, and my kids were all very excited to see their cousins again after nearly a year but apparently Isabel has been pretty mellow and unable to keep up with the others.

The day they left for Santiago was also the day our older kids met their new brothers from Haiti. Isabel cried and didn't want to leave them. She is so tenderhearted and was mothering them from the first minute. We are hoping she didn't get so close to Ian that she picked up his rotovirus! He is doing excellent now, but was still a little under the weather that day.

Please pray that Isabel feels better very soon and that none of the other children catch whatever it is she has. Tomorrow the missionaries in Santiago begin a special retreat and there is a program for the missionary kids which I know will be a wonderful blessing for them. I am praying she is well enough to enjoy it fully.

Sending big hugs and kisses to my precious daughter tonight. I can't wait until our whole family is back together!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Poor Isabel! Praying she starts feeling better soon!

P.S. It's time to update your profile. Last time I checked, you have FIVE little miracles :)

Amundson Family Musings said...

Isabel was SUCH a BLESSING to all of us at the retreat. Since we arrived and have gotten to know her, each time I am impressed with her heart of gold. She is SOOO precious and observing. I thank the Lord for her encouragement of others! Keep doing what you're doing with her! God has something special for that WONDERFUL little girl!!!
Love,
Her "Aunt" Heather

Lomdím said...

C'mon, Aunt Steph! You gotta brush out those eyebrows before you do the photo shoot! That's like modeling 101... Even Tyra Banks could tell you that!

--A concerned Uncle