Thursday, September 03, 2009

Two Years

For weeks I had been mentally preparing to write this post, only to forget when the day actually came. On August 24, 2009 we celebrated two years since our arrival in Chile!

In a very positive sense, it feels much longer than that. Recently, I wrote to a friend:
We really love it here; in fact, I have told Pedro more than once that I feel so comfortable and happy here that I feel guilty as though I am not doing enough ministry or something. Isn't that terrible?
She was kind enough to respond with the following:
Glad you are so happy there, never feel guilty for the blessings of contentment. Our ministries are most useful when we are peaceful and content.
I hope she is right because truly, we would not wish to be anywhere else right now. We are so thankful to be celebrating this second anniversary of life and ministry in Chile, and look forward to many more as God allows. We humbly pray that our time here will be a blessing to others and most importantly, of eternal service to our Lord and Savior. We are so thankful for His perfect plan and leading in our family's life!

(P.S. If you'd like to revisit our adventure in getting here and our initial days in Chile, I invite you to visit the Blog Archive in the right-hand column.)

No comments: