Monday, September 14, 2009

Three Reasons I Love Monday Mornings


1. This Place


Sure, it's just a supermarket but it has this wonderful little cafeteria (pictured above.) And on Monday mornings, we are almost its sole occupants. Being creatures of habit, our menu rarely varies: One Americano to share (a huge sandwich on frica break with fried ham, steak and egg); two jugos naturales (freshly blended fruit juices - mine is apple, his is kiwi); and two cafe cortado doble (brewed coffee, doubled because their double equals our single cup.)

2. This View

So the Romanesque naked status are left over from a deserted discotheque and are a little freaky. But the ocean view is matchless! Sometimes I shake my head that a supermarket can have such a view. It almost doesn't seem right.

3. This Man

I love Monday mornings most of all because I get to spend them with this man. Monday morning breakfast is our newly established weekly date as a couple, which currently works great both with our schedule and our budget. The latter is because the price of four breakfasts over the course of the month is equal to or less than one nice dinner out in Iquique. The former is because after a full day of ministry on Sunday, Pedro can relax Monday morning (and since all the kids are at school we have the time all to ourselves!)

Ironically I am writing this post on the first Monday morning in awhile that we have not taken our date, since we have a sick little boy at home. But even though we're not there in person, I am still there in spirit - thankful for this new tradition and even more thankful for the man I get to share it with. I do love Monday mornings!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Monday is my favorite day in Summertime...and it sounds like a perfect day for you, too. Miss you! <3