Sunday, September 06, 2009

A Tale of Two Cities


I did not take this picture and am not at all sure who did (I received it via e-mail from a friend) but wanted to share it because it is the exact view we see on a weekly basis as we drive between Iquique (the city down below) and Alto Hospicio (the city up above and out of sight.)

From Iquique, if you stare straight up the mountain you cannot catch even a glimpse of the city of Alto Hospicio. Which is why it is amazing to me that you can travel between one and the other in a mere 20 minutes or so!

It is a privilege to be able to minister in these two places. Our work here is just beginning, and I look forward to what God has in store. I know we will be surprised and blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! This photo is insightful. Thanks for sharing. Somewhat like PA only brown. Interesting ride that I imagine. What does Alto H look like? Mom

Kathy (Mom/Grandma) said...

I love this picture. Somehow it has surprised me. I have never seen anything like it. It is fascinating to my imagination. It is cemented in my memory. I love the thought of my family rising to the heights of heaven to attend church!