Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Little Missionary

One morning this week as she was rushing out the door, Isabel grabbed her latest Sunday School project and took it with her to school. It was just a simple little booklet, one (red) rectangular paper stapled to another (black) rectangular paper, each page bearing a Bible verse in Spanish about sin and salvation.

Yesterday when she and I had some time alone in the car, she brought up the fact that she had read the verses to some of her classmates and asked them if they wanted to pray and ask Jesus into their hearts so they could go to Heaven someday.

And according to her, a couple of them said yes and prayed with her.

Of course, there is no way for me to know what exactly was said and/or understood between these little girls, but I certainly know that I am so proud of Isabel for not being afraid to share her faith and for doing so out of a sincere concern for others. She is a little missionary! In fact, I overheard her asking her sister today: "But Eva, why don't you bring verses to school? You need to!"

I didn't catch her sister's response. :)

2 comments:

Terri Fisher said...

What a great testimony, Isabel! I'm so proud of you, and Jesus is too! Way to go! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Isabel, I am very proud of you. Keep telling others of Jesus, mija preciosa a mi y al Senor.