Sunday, April 19, 2009

Aches & Pain Can Go Away, Too

I have had the strangest aches and pains in recent weeks.

In fact I have told many people that one of the wonderful confirmations of God's care during my trip to Haiti was that despite my physical ailments both before and after, during that week I did not suffer from even one headache!

Prior to going to Haiti, I experienced a scare with my Achilles tendon and upon my return I seem to have done something to my neck. Something feels "out of whack" and the pain centers around the bone at the top of my spinal cord. Very oddly, when I swallow I actually experience pain in this section of my neck/back.

Tomorrow I hope to visit the one and only chiropractor I've heard of here in Iquique. I actually don't know anyone who has seen him yet; the Chilean friend who recommended him said she's been timid about going because he isn't "from here" (he is Uruguayan.) But I am desperate enough to go sight unseen. I'm sure it will be an adventure, because after all - that is the story of my life! :)

No comments: