Sunday, August 10, 2008

Adoption: Reflecting God's Heart

Shawnda, on her Spirit of Adoption blog, shares two video clips highlighting one of the most beautiful stories of adoption I have heard. Both share the story of a very special little boy named Levi - one from the perspective of his foster parents, and the other from the perspective of the family who adopted him.

I especially love the closing words of the letter Levi's father writes to him: "So no matter where you go, my beautiful boy , you are my son. Not my adopted son, not my son with Down Syndrome, not my African American son ... You are my son and you always will be. I love you, Daddy."

To see the video clips, visit the link below. You will be blessed!
Dear Levi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. That truly is a beautiful story! - Heather Marie