Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Things I See

Maybe this is par for the course when living in a city, but I see the most interesting things around town sometimes! A couple of days ago while returning home from school, I noticed a white detective's van pulling up to the corner just as I was preparing to turn left. As I made the turn, I saw two men emerge from the vehicle. One was tucking a gun into his waistband as he headed to the curb. I strained to see what was happening in my rearview mirror as I slowly continued down the street! The last thing I saw was the two detective approaching a young man in a hooded sweatshirt who was sitting on one of the park benches. I still wonder what was going on??

Half a mile down the road from that intriguing scenario, I approached a slow-moving sedan with its flashers on and its trunk open. Sitting in the open trunk was a man with his legs dangling, holding a Coke bottle filled with something black in one hand and a paint roller in the other. Periodically he would drip the contents of the Coke bottle onto the roller, hop out of the trunk and run to a street lamp. He would quickly roll the paint (I assume) onto the lamp post, then hop back into the trunk to continue his journey. What a sight!

Life is definitely interesting in the big city!

No comments: