Sunday, December 09, 2007

"Uncle Ben"

For a quiet place to study while in language school, Pedro would leave the chaos of our apartment and head to the calm of his classmate Ben’s apartment. Ben was at school as a single student and besides being very studious, kept a very neat house! The two became good friends, and after language school Ben signed up for six months of teaching English in Chile through a volunteer program.

He was assigned to the city of Copiapó in northern Chile, but began and ended his assignment in Santiago. Our kids were very excited to have him stay with us for a whole week at the end of November! Then he left us, this time for a trip through Peru and specifically to the ruins of Machu Picchu. He is now back again, just for a few days before returning to the States. Ben brought with him hundreds of beautiful photos of this “wonder of the world.” He said it is an amazing place.

I think I agree.

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Ben Bagwell was my classmate also at TTU for 4 years, an awesome guy!...and yes, I can say for myself that machupichu is a sight to behold!...I would go back anyday.
ang