Thursday, October 18, 2007

Kissing Cousins, Kicking Cousins

… or more accurately, Kissing Cousins, Shoving Cousins!

Apparently, Isabel and Matias had an altercation at school today. As the story goes, Isabel was being silly and pushed her classmate Felipe in fun. He “got a mad face” according to Mati, and so Mati ordered Isabel to leave him alone. Isabel did not like taking orders from her cousin, so she shoved him! And Mati, of course, shoved back … only he is much stronger than she is, so his shove knocked her against the wall.

At any rate, Isabel refused to speak to anyone, even her teacher, from that moment on. “Está muy enojada,” her teacher warned when school got out!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … never a dull moment in this household!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one quick question. Have our grandchilren reconciled yet?

Deborah said...

Ahahahahah! Oh my heart! I have to agree with your "never a dull moment"! :) Although I can see the concern with such expressions at this age, not being "push around-able" is a good quality to have and when she can combine it with self-control, it will serve her well. :) Having cousins with whom to love & fight will be a precious memory of your kids...I think it is INCREDIBLE that God has put youall together at this point! :) Halleluajah! :) And, reading about this reminds me of a book that my Mother would've loved to have had with me (she DID have a highly-marked-up copy of "The Strong Willed Child" :-D) but I heard the lady talking on Focus...it's called "You Can't Make Me (But I Can Be Persueded)" and the link is here.
http://www.amazon.com/You-Cant-Make-Persuaded-Strong-Willed/dp/1578561930 I haven't read it, but I LOVED (even as an adult) hearing what she had to say. :)
Love you!