Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Difficult Day

These past few days have been a blur of attempting to pack in preparation for leaving Texas tomorrow.

It is such a time-consuming process.

We try to sort, pack into boxes, label boxes with individual numbers and inventory, then add each box and its contents to both our customs inventory list and our insurance inventory list. So far we have 43 boxes and counting … and that was with packing until 3 o’clock AM this morning!

Amidst all this chaos, I had a doctor’s appointment this morning. It was supposed to be a routine follow-up visit where I would receive the results of prior testing. Unfortunately, based on the results of one of those I was told that the doctor needed to do an additional test today. This particular one was painful and I was not at all mentally prepared to have it done on today, of all days … I cried all the way home, three hours later (and that much further behind on today’s packing.)

The resulting discomfort from that test brought back a flood of memories of last summer and miscarrying amidst the packing in preparation for moving to Texas. So, it has been a difficult day - and it’s not over yet …

Encouragement for today:

For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrew 13:5b

1 comment:

Paulette said...

My thoughts are with you and I wish you peace.