Sunday, May 06, 2007

We're Back

We had a wonderful weekend in Houston, and I'm sure there will be several future posts regarding all that we learned at the adoptive parents' seminar on Saturday! We enjoyed interacting with a diverse group of adoptive parents and hopeful adoptive parents - those who have already adopted and those who are waiting to adopt for the first time. 

The information we received was truly beneficial not only in preparation for adopting another child, but even more so in regards to parenting the three children God has given us already. We have added more tools to our adoptive parenting toolkit, if you will!

We also left with an even stronger desire for this next adoption to become a reality. I feel as though it is right in front me, as though I could reach out and touch it … I absolutely, positively know that God can do this for us but I just don’t know if He will.

Simply because I do not know the mind of God and what His ultimate plan is for us in this area.

But I know that I can trust that whatever it is, it is for our good …
James 1:2-4 “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

No comments: