Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Eva's Artwork

I am going to take a minute to brag on my oldest daughter. You see, I do not have a truly artistic bone in my body. Yes, I can color a picture within the lines. I can create attractive scrapbooks and rubber stamp pretty cards. But only if I copy other people's ideas!

Eva, on the other hand, will sit down with a completely blank sheet of paper and start drawing and coloring and painting. It's not that her subjects are out of the ordinary (pictures of our family, grandma's house, etc.) but I just love her creativity and use of color. For being newly turned 6 years old, I think it's pretty impressive!

(Of course, I may be just a wee bit prejudiced.)

Eva said this picture is of her, Isabel, and Owen (respectively.)

I am not sure who is in this picture, but I do know that Eva can write her brother's name!

And I also know that she can write her own.

This is a picture Eva designed, colored, cut and glued one morning while the rest of us were sleeping.

I forgot to ask the origins of this picture, but it gets an A for originality!

No comments: