Sunday, March 25, 2007

NFL Dreams

If Pedro didn't harbor secret hopes of his son becoming an NFL running back before tonight, then he certainly does now. I even witnessed Owen's amazing talent myself, and only wish I could replay the scene for you all! I will just have to describe it the best I can.

Picture this: Evening church service has just let out, with children and adults milling about. Suddenly the nursery door opens and Owen steps onto the gridiron (aka, hallway.) He looks this way and that, then focuses his attention on the end zone (aka, Daddy.) With a burst of energy he shoots the gap between multiple pairs of legs, then cuts back against the grain to avoid being tackled by the opposing team (aka, other wild children running loose down the hall.) His fluidity is amazing. Just when it seems like the defense has him pinned in, he lowers his shoulder and leaps over the last obstacle before crossing the goal line. Touchdown! He jumps into Daddy's waiting arms.

Sign me,
Future Recipient of the NFL Mother-of-the-Year Award

No comments: