Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Today We Remembered


Our receptionist at FLORECE was puzzled. "There's a birth date on the list for this month but I don't recognize the name." Neither did I, so I asked her for the client file. Understanding dawned as I studied the counselor's notes about a young teenaged couple coming for a pregnancy test and asking pointed questions about abortion. The counselor is one of our most experienced and compassionate, and I knew she would have invested her very best efforts in a difficult scenario. The fact that a return visit never occurred and the contact telephone was no longer in service (or perhaps falsified from the beginning) gave every indication that their minds had already been made up. So sadly, today we remembered a birthday that never was. All I could think of was this video. Some choices can never be undone, nor ever forgotten. 

No comments: