Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Father's Day to Remember


It was a pre-school Father's Day program to remember. Some of the best parenting advice I ever received was "Don't put your children into a box. Otherwise, they will just become what you say they are." However ...


... I don't call Alec my "grumpy old man" for nothing! But let it be known he's the CUTEST "grumpy old man" I know! :)

For reasons never fully explained beyond a mysterious hurting finger (did I mention we also call him the "hypochondriatic" or "phantom pain" child??), Alec was in no mood to perform along with his classmates on this Dia del Padre 2013. The events unfolded as you can observe below.

First, a song with the pre-school English teacher ("I love D-A-D" to the tune of "B-I-N-G-O") with which Alec seemed fairly comfortable: 



Then, a poem in Spanish in which Alec was all seriousness but still participative: 



And finally, the musical number which apparently was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back (though I can't say we were all that disappointed, since it was the part that least had to do with celebrating fathers!):



Though Alec never fully recuperated while still at school (even Daddy wearing the special "king of the day" crown he had made didn't do the trick), fortunately he perked up back at home in the company of his beloved puppy and upon seeing Daddy in the personalized apron that was his Father's Day gift. Oh well! - There's always next year! :)



No comments: