Friday, May 04, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has sprung in Michigan, and today dawned bright and clear with record-breaking temperatures (we later learned as high as 88 degrees Fahrenheit!) There was no keeping the children indoors for long, and even Daddy was itching to take to the green grass of our backyard and coach a rousing game of whiffleball. I snapped these pictures of a most serious batter, his talented pitcher, and able outfielders before heading inside to work on lunch for my hungry troops. 


We are so enjoying the beautiful home God has provided during these busy months. I look out the kitchen window at the vast green backyard and think I would never get tired of the view. On a recent evening walk with Eva she confided that she thinks the people who get to live here are "so lucky" and she will have a hard time returning to gates and city living. It is the MK struggle, having one foot in both worlds, and I encouraged her to enjoy what God has given us now but remember that we are to be content wherever He takes us.

Homeschooling has been going more smoothly this week, in large part I believe because my husband has given of his time and efforts to continue working one-on-one with Owen. I'm thankful for this more comfortable rhythm we are finding to our days. Of course, we're not ones to get too comfortable so soon we'll shake things up with visitors! First friends from California, and then my sister, niece and nephews from Pennsylvania will join us for several days each. 



Time is flying by, and we can't make it slow down. We can only try to stop at moments like this one and take a deep breath of joy, photograph the memory, and thank God for His blessings. All the time, He is good.

No comments: