Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two Years Ago Today

the broken entrance to our sons' orphanage

children and caregivers sleeping outdoors after the Jan 12, 2010 earthquake

Tonight I read a Bible story to Ian and Alec before putting them to bed. The story reminded the reader that "you are very special to God." After we finished reading, I told the little boys that I had another story to share with them. This story shows us how special they are to God! Then in childish terms they could understand, I told them about the experience they lived in Haiti's earthquake two years ago today. I told them about the caregivers who took care of them and kept them safe and fed. I told them how God brought them to us, and us to them. I reminded them that they are very special to God! - and they are very special to us.

It has been two years since we experienced great anguish followed by great joy. But for others it has been two years with losses still being grieved. Let us not forget Haiti.

No comments: