Sunday, May 08, 2011

Ten Years of Mother's Day

Mommy & Eva, May 2001

Ten years ago this year, I became a Mother less than 48 hours before Mother's Day. A darling, chubby 3-month old baby girl was placed in my arms and my life has never been the same! My heart overflows with thankfulness to our great and merciful God for His blessings. This year I celebrated with five children who call me Mommy and my only request for Mother's Day was a picture with all of them. Not surprisingly, this was easier said than done. :)

As quirky as this picture turned out, I'd have to say it's a fair representation of our kiddos right now! Eva, the oldest, at age 10 does not get quite as excited about a photo shoot (because life is starting to get so "embarrassing!") Isabel, soon to be 9, has forever been (and hopefully forever will be) my only truly willing model with her big smile. Owen is a 6-year old in constant movement (as evidenced by his blurry face in the photo.) Ian, our older 3-year old is very active and very silly (can't you tell?) And Alec, our younger 3-year old is boisterous and busy. Needless to say, a day with these five is never boring!

Mother's Day, May 2011

I look at this photo and my heart's response is gratitude to God. I pray He will strengthen and enable me in this: to be a faithful, loving Mother who raises my children to know and love Him.

Lord, You have surpassed my greatest expectations with these five precious children. May I never cease to praise You for your wondrous grace in not only "setting the lonely in families" (Psalm 68:6) but also making the "barren woman ... a joyful mother of children." (Psalm 113:9) To You be all the glory, Amen!

1 comment:

sea salt MOSAIC said...

oh i love this photo! it made my heart leap -literally - my heart lept! beautiful.