Friday, April 08, 2011

When Brothers Agree

April 2011

When brothers agree,
no fortress is so strong as their common life.
-Antisthenes

Probably the most common question I receive these days is, "How are the little boys behaving?" Each time I have to chuckle and decide which of their recent antics to share. Invariably in response to the latest chapter of their mischief, I am told by the Chileans that Ian and Alec "se potencian entre ellos." Literally, this means that between the two of them their "potency" increases. And it isn't far from the truth!

Whether it's "plotting" to scrape rocks across the paint of our car, or quietly coloring the white walls of the dining room, the two boys can definitely find their way into trouble sometimes. There are days when my response choices are either to laugh or to cry (with no choice in between!) That's why this quote struck me as so appropriate when I read it. "No fortress is so strong" - indeed!

I only hope this fortress of brotherhood remains strong throughout their lives in the most positive sense, pushing them to bigger and better things for the glory of God. Now that kind of "potencia" I can't wait to see! :)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Indeed, Sweet Girl! I pray that for each of your kiddos. Thank you so much for the work that you & Pedro are doing from your end to see these hopes realized! Love you!