Saturday, October 23, 2010

God-Sightings: In Sight of the Sea

In my "God-Sightings" journal I record the ways in which I see God actively at work in my life and circumstances. This is one of those stories.
This morning I stood at my third-floor bedroom window and watched the ocean waves roll in upon the beach far below. It's a scene that never fails to move me but one which I rarely take the time to see in the midst of my daily busyness. I should gaze upon it more often, even daily, for to do so means to reflect on the kindness and goodness of my Heavenly Father.

Each year of my life as a growing child, my parents nearly without fail would plan a trip to the ocean. How I loved the sound of the sea, the salty air and the sweet memories made there! I often dreamed of living close to such beauty, and now ... I do.

Thank You, Lord, for answering the desire of a child's heart!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love that your parents took you to the beach every year. What great parents.