Friday, March 05, 2010

Earthquake Update & Donation Information

Excerpt from our administrator's e-mail:

Almost a week has passed since the Saturday 3:30 AM earthquake that devastated major areas of the southern part of Chile. Eye witness accounts share that the affected areas look like a war zone. It is predicted that it will take years to rebuild what has been destroyed. God’s family around the world has been praying for the needs that many are facing there in Chile.

Mark Rubin, our ABWE Chile Coordinator shares: "... Really the beauty of all this collaboration in the body of Christ is the reality of One body working in light of our One faith for the glory of our One and Only Lord. The way the churches are striving together for the sake of the gospel is refreshing and no doubt fulfills the biblical mandate to "love one another."

Many have asked about sending offerings to help with the relief efforts. There are some immediate needs and there will be some long term needs as our ABWE Team continues to assess the damages to churches. If you want to help, here is the information that you will need to properly direct your donations:

ABWE Donor Services, PO Box 8585, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8585

Note: Chile Earthquake

Account number 0717151-002 (CQ10011378).

You may also give online at www.abwe.org/give.

2 comments:

Darcy Figueroa said...

Hi, Stephanie! I doubt that you remember me. My name was Darcy Dobbertin when I attended BBC from 1994 to 1998. I'm now Darcy Figueroa, and I live and work with my husband Jose in Santo Domingo, Rep. Dominicana. I've loved reading about your adoption stories, and I stumbled upon a site that I thought you might like: www.thisisryan.com. I'm glad that the recent earthquake didn't affect you. We've been dealing with the same things here since the earthquake in Haiti. Our blog sites are http://iccdr.wordpress.com and http://darcyfigueroa.wordpress.com.
Bendiciones, Hermana!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Hey Girly! I came across your blog today! I am a proud momma to one adoptive child and of course plan to add more kiddos to our family!~ Your children are beautiful!