Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Honestly (Just for Fun)

I was reading Vanessa's blog one night about a month ago. She and I crossed paths in college as well as years later in Michigan. I enjoy reading her blog because she is amazingly artistic and talented in ways I could never dream of being (just take a look at the handmade items in her Etsy store) and because she too has experienced the joys of adoption.

To my surprise I realized that Vanessa had included my blog in her list of "Honest" blogs. Yikes! Basically that meant I was supposed to share ten honest things about me that my blog readers don't already know. Now most of my blog readers are family members, so that might be impossible, but anyway - just for fun - here goes:

1. I do NOT enjoy housework. (Surprise, ha!)

2. On the DISC personality profile, I am a high "S" (laid-back) followed by a high "D" (dominant.) In times of stress, the latter takes over. (Haitian adoption and Chilean paperwork, anyone??)

3. If I could take my family anywhere in the world right now, I think I would choose Curacao and Bonaire. We have special friends there and it looks like such a beautiful place!

4. I would love to own a home sometime soon. I would really love to own the home we are currently renting in Iquique.

5. I have many "friends" (840 on Facebook) but few truly intimate friends. I attribute this in part to growing up as an missionary kids (many places, many faces.) I cherish those who are true friends.

6. Someday I would like to record a cd.

7. I have always wanted to take ballroom dancing lessons with my husband.

8. Perhaps because of #7, one of my favorite romantic scenes is the final waltz in Disney's Enchanted. (Sappy and corny, I know!)

9. I wish I was a more fun and relaxed mom.

10. Marriage has made me a more secure person. I am more outgoing with the reassurance of my husband at my side than I was ever brave enough to be alone. I truly consider my husband my best friend.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

i love your blog, Steph. I am constantly amazed at the things you do and experience and explain to us through your blog. And I think you personality makes you a FABULOUS parent. Don't worry about not being fun enough...after all, you are providing an amazing upbringing for your kids. I wish mine could experience it for just a week!

Alisha said...

Ok - the list of 10 things was great!!! Some were news to me and some were exactly what I would have said! Thanks for the chance to get to know you even more, Steph! Wish we lived closer and could hang out=)

Alisha said...

I had to add that I would also say the same as #1, 5, 7, 9, and 10=)