Monday, November 16, 2009

My Family


Don't be fooled by the grim look on Isabel's face in this picture. Daddy had told the kids to do a serious pose and she was the only one who complied! :)

This picture is sweet to me because - besides the obvious fact that it is of my precious family - it also holds a special memory. Pedro and the kids were on their way to the church in Alto Hospicio on a Saturday to clean it for the next day's services. I love that he involves our children in ministry in this way. Although Pedro readily admits that the cleaning takes longer with the kids in tow, he knows from his own experience (of helping his dad clean houses when he was a boy) that it is important to model a strong work ethic and a servant's heart to our children. Also, it gives the four of them some special bonding time. Pedro is so good about taking the kids for walks and to the park and on errands like this. He does it for them and also for me, because often this allows me time to work on jobs such as lesson preparations or expense reporting without outside noise and distractions.

I am always happy to see them come home, though. I love my family.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I got to your blog through MakMama because I read CHILE in your profile name. I am from Chile but I do live in the US so it was fun to me how things worked in reverse.

Good luck with everything. (I know there's no such a thing, is just God!!)

I've browse through your pictures real quick and read a little bit here and there.

Hope all the adoption is still in process and your paperwork will arrive soon.

Unknown said...

What a great Daddy. Very wonderful indeed!