Friday, January 23, 2009

Sometimes I'm Glad to Be So Far Away

Especially when my country's new president is praised for acts such as this one during his very first week in office:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_abortion_ban

Our country may be struggling financially but nonetheless our new government will make sure some of whatever money we have goes towards ending the lives of the unborn worldwide ... what a travesty.

Yesterday I read John Piper's entry entitled "Being Pro-Life Christians Under a Pro-Choice President." It is a helpful, Biblical perspective during times like these.

My favorite picture of those I've seen from the inauguration is the one below. I am so thankful for former President Bush's pro-life stance during his years in office. It will truly be missed.

Reuters photograph