Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ice Skating Family Adventure

When I lived in Chile as a little girl there was no such thing as an ice skating rink; just one outdoor roller skating rink that we enjoyed many times. My first time ice skating was in Delaware as a teenager, where I learned I was definitely not a natural. (A fact that was "hammered" home when my head slammed the ice on a slick Michigan pond a few years later!)

Now, there is an ice skating rink complete with a little restaurant/snack bar on the lower level of the Parque Arauco shopping mall. We thought it would be fun to take the kids for their first ice skating adventure. Here is the picture proof!

isabel's ready to go

owen looks just a little excited

hey mom, how do I look?

daddy helps owen across the ice

our future gold medalist with her dedicated coach

1 comment:

ERIN lee said...

looks like so much fun! we're just getting out of the cold and you guys are starting back into it! miss you all