Tuesday, May 06, 2008

About the Volcano

I had high expectations of writing an interesting post about Chile and its volcanic activity last night, but was hit by some sort of bug that sent me to bed early. Hopefully I will have that for you in the near future, but for now I will just quickly say (for those who have written and asked) that we are in no danger here in the capital because the volcano that is currently erupting is many hours to the south of us. Please do pray for the inhabitants of that area, however, as most are humble farmers and fishermen who are losing their livestock and livelihood due to this event. I believe, from news reports I have heard here in Chile, that most if not all people were rescued safely but their lives have truly been turned upside down. For more details, here is the most recent report I have read in English news:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24483158

No comments: