Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's Not about Me (from adoption blog)

This afternoon, after a long nap and some tears, I put on some worship music to refocus my thoughts on the Lord and His purpose in our lives in and through this adoption.

As I closed my eyes and listened, I was reminded very clearly that this whole process is not about us … it is about God, and His plan, and the glory He will receive through our testimony (if we are faithful) and through the evidence of His miraculous provision.

Some time later, I checked my e-mail and came across this letter from someone I do not even know:

Stephanie,

You don't know me, but we are both on the fund-raising for adoption yahoo group. I am now an avid reader of your blogs and want you to know that because of you, our family is signing up to be a host family for medically fragile children. Before you posted about your adoption, my heart was burdened for the children of
Haiti. I did not know why at the time, but now I do.

We have 3 children through adoption and while I would love to have more, I know that we can touch more lives helping these children get the medical help they need. I just wanted to say thank you and be encouraged.

Shannon
Mom to 5

I cried some more … this time, from a thankful heart that God had sent this confirmation at just the right moment.

It’s not about us … He has bigger plans, and more lives to touch than just our own. My faith is so weak (even now the burden of finances is still weighing on my heart) yet He is faithful.

To God be the glory.

No comments: