Friday, February 01, 2008

Publishing - Help Needed

Along the lines of the previous post and due in part to encouragement by several kind people to do so, I have compiled 40 poems relating to our journey through infertility and adoption. I hope to publish these affordably in small booklet form, with all proceeds from them going to help with the cost of Ian’s adoption (visit http://iansadoption.blogspot.com for more information.)

I have received several ideas already but am still looking for just the right fit. If anyone has information relating to publishing or self publishing something like this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

2 comments:

Kara S. said...

Hi Stephanie, Becky L. forwarded your blog site to me. I do freelance work for a small Christian publisher that may be able to help you. The publisher is very ministry minded and I forwarded your post to him to consider. Do you have some way for us to get in contact with you other than leaving details here? Jump on over to my blog and let me know! :)Thanks! Kara S.

Anonymous said...

Hey steph, have you heard of a site called Etsy? My friend, Jen, began selling some scrapbook pages she makes there. Part of her proceeds go to her church. I think the whole etsy community does stuff like that. Anyway, I was wondering if you could print your poems on pretty paper and sell them as frameable art. Just a thought. And maybe a bad one : )
www.etsy.com/buy
Also, I asked my friend Kara Bixler if she could give you any ideas. She is an editor of some sort and I am sure she will have lots of great ideas. I will pray for this new venture! Hope you are having a nice weekend. Love, Becky