Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thank You, Pedro

For my birthday, Pedro allowed me to have these two paintings made by an artist at Los Dominicos. Portraits are actually her specialty and she has a heart for the downtrodden, painting many children and adults from impoverished areas of the world. I couldn't afford the (ahem! $600 dollar) full-sized painting of a little girl's face that I loved, but she has a special heart for Africa and created these companion paintings which are absolutely beautiful (and only a fraction of the cost.) Now we have a little taste of Africa in our home, to celebrate the diversity of our family. (And as a humorous sidenote, she created the dress on the woman in blue especially for me since in the original painting the mother was not clothed from the waist up!)

I believe she titled these "African sunset" ...

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

Oh, they are beautiful! I would love to have something like this in our home as well!