Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cockroaches and Clarity

Thank you to whoever was praying for me during yesterday’s ladies meeting at Rio Claro. Right up until the time I had to leave, I felt stressed and not totally clear on what I was going to say. The weather did not help, with record breaking hot temperatures in this land of no air conditioning! Yet when the time came for me to share my testimony with the ladies, I suddenly had complete clarity and the words just flowed easily. I know this is because someone was praying!

An added blessing to my time with the ladies was being able to introduce them to the concept of crisis pregnancy ministry. Several of them were very interested in being a part of the ministry when it is established. One woman in particular was a single mom years ago and has a very tender heart for young women in that crisis of life. I am excited to see how God is going to open the doors for this ministry in Chile!

Okay, so that’s the “clarity” part of my title … now how about the cockroaches? I just thought this was humorous “slice of life” anecdote along the lines of differences between here and the States (except maybe south Texas, for those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time and know all about our lovely experiences with little critters there!)

Upon entering the church building, the first thing to catch my eye was a cluster of half a dozen belly-up cockroaches in the foyer … then another couple dead ones at the entrance to the sanctuary, and then scattered ones throughout the sanctuary! Maybe I can thank the heat for doing them in? I don’t know. I was just glad they were no longer alive! (: (:

1 comment:

David and Kristi Flinck said...

Folks...we are witnessing blog history here with each post Steph types. The question is...exactly how many can this women post in Nov? 70? 80? 90? Can she even break the century mark? Stay tuned for the drama.
your faithful readers...D&K