Thursday, November 08, 2007

An Adoption Story that Touched My Heart

I receive regular e-mail updates from Shaohannah's Hope and when they arrive in my inbox I immediately scroll down to the "Miracles" section. There I can read stories of families who have adopted with the help of a grant from Shaohannah's Hope.

This month, there was a story of a family who intended to adopt one little girl between the ages of 4 and 8 from the Philippines, and instead God moved in their hearts to adopt a 15-year old brother and his 10-year old sister with special needs in Albania. What a tremendous step of faith!

The wife's testimony closed with this statement:

I learned several things through this process, but the two most surprising things are that being with your family is the most important thing, and we, as a nation of Christians, do not do enough to help others in the world. There are so many people suffering, please ask yourself what you can do to help, and then do it. If you don’t you are missing out on God’s blessings.

To read their story in full, click on the link below:

The Jager's Adoption Testimony

No comments: