Sunday, October 21, 2007

15 Things … I Love about My Husband

A friend of mine recently celebrated her 12th anniversary and wrote 12 things she loved about her husband. She encouraged others who read her blog to do the same. So here I am, sharing what I love best about my husband … in no particular order, but in 15 different ways!

1. I love what an awesome dad he is. Whether it’s being silly with the kids or even when he has to discipline them, he does so with love and patience. I’ve lost track of how many other moms and dads have come up to me and told me what a great dad he is after observing him with our kids!

2. I love his voice. I don’t know why exactly, except that I can pick it out from a crowd and its timbre is unique, solely his.

3. I love his laughter. I like that he likes to make me and the kids laugh. I love the light-hearted side of his nature.

4. I love his name, especially the last name we share together. After all my years living in South America, it is very cool that I now have my own Spanish name!

5. I love his ability to teach. I have always felt that he can explain thins in a down-to-earth, easy-to-understand way.

6. I love the way he interacts with people. He has a genuine interest in them and appreciates individuals for who they are.

7. I love the way he values his friendships. I like to hear him talking with other guys, whether jokingly “trash talking” each others’ sports teams or providing more serious encouragement on ministry matters.

8. I love his willingness to take on a challenge, and to learn. This has especially impressed me since arriving in Chile, where everything is foreign and new to him, yet he steps out and does things on his own – even by trial and error!

9. I love the way he treats his family. I admire the relationship he has with his dad and his brother. I like the way he teases his mom and his sister. I love his kindness and caring towards his grandmothers.

10. I love that he is unwavering in his faith. Even in our darkest trials, he has remained firm in his trust and commitment to God.

11. I love the insights he gleans from his study of God’s Word. When I hear him preach, I learn new truths from his teaching.

12. I love his Latin good looks!

13. I love that he is my best friend. I love our connectedness and the way he often says the exact words that were on the tip of my tongue!

14. I love that he actually enjoys music and drama. We’ve taken many trips and shared many special moments enjoying “the arts” together!

15. I love that he loves me just the way I am.

No comments: