Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Friend is a Missionary, Too!

I wasn't sure how to title this post exactly, so I thought I would just tell it like it is. (: What a special joy to share this missionary experience not only with my sister and brother-in-law who are serving in Santiago, Chile - but also with my lifelong friend and her husband who are currently on pre-field ministry and planning to serve in Chile also.

Meet David and Kristi Flinck, with their children Jordan, Benjamin and Kaylee.


Kristi is also an MK from Chile and we attended Santiago Christian Academy together from third grade until we graduated in 1994. Kristi met her husband, David (a PK) while studying at Northland Baptist Bible College in Wisconsin. David recently took a month-long survey trip to Chile and around the same time began keeping an online journal or blog at http://chilejournal2.blogspot.com/. He enjoys photography and fact-gathering and has both wonderful pictures of Chile (including Antofagasta, in one of his most recent posts) and great information on the needs of the country. I would encourage you to please check out his site to find more specific ways to pray for this country to which God has called both of our families! And pray for the Flincks as well, that God will quickly raise their remaining support and allow them to reach Chile with the good news of Jesus Christ.

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

No comments: