Friday, June 09, 2006

Father's Day Contest

A local Christian radio station is having a Father's Day contest, with the winner and nine family members being flown to San Antonio for two nights at a hotel and tickets to various area attractions. I decided to enter my dad, and this is what I wrote (in 50 words or less):

When I tell people that my parents were missionaries, they often ask, What's your dad's name? then shake their head because it's not one they recognize. That's because my dad is not a "look at me" type of person; instead, he is a humble servant who has quietly served in the pastorate at home and in church-planting overseas for over 35 years. A loving dad to three daughters; a faithful husband to one wife; and a counselor, comforter, and friend to many ... for these and many other reasons, I would love for my dad to enjoy this San Antonio reunion.

I love you, Dad!

2 comments:

Joy Morykon said...

Steph! so good to hear from you guys. I hope your dad wins the fathers day contest. I love to see people honoring their fathers all the time but especially on this great day just for that. I know i will miss just telling dad how much he means to me. I love seeing others love on their dads.
Thing is your dad IS AMAZING! i know he helped me thru tough times myself, could always count on my Uncle Jim! love you Uncle Jim Happy Fathers Day!

take care Steph! give everyone my love..

Stephanie said...

Joy,
Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to have to tell my dad to read your comment. I know it will make his day! Your dad holds such a special place in our hearts. We miss him and know we'll miss him even more when we finally make Afta. Blessings to you today!